About Area Rugs
Area rugs are one of the most versatile flooring alternatives. They can be the highlight of a room or they can play a minor role in the background. Area rugs can be used to define an area of a room such as a dining space or a conversation area. If your mood changes, or as the seasons change you can change an area rug to suit it.
Rugs are made both by hand and by machine. Machine made rugs are less expensive; however, handmade rugs are considered an investment.
Features of Area Rugs
As versatile as area rugs are in their uses, so too are they in composition, style, sizes, patterns, and price.
- Patterns: Rug patterns are categorized as curvilinear, geometric, and pictorial.
- Styles: There is virtually an infinite number of styles. They can be contemporary, traditional, or floral. The styles are further categorized by where they are made including Persian, Indian, Chinese, and more.
- Design: The rug pattern may occur throughout the rug; this design is call all-over. A one-sided design is one in which the design is woven in one direction. A rug with a large centerpiece is the focus is called a medallion design.
- Color: Limitless—you can choose whatever suits your personality. The colors can be used to compliment or contrast the overall color scheme of the room.
- Size: Here too, there are numerous sizes to choose from. There are some general guidelines to follow when deciding on the size. For example, if the rug will cover the majority of the floor a 12- to 15-inch border of flooring should be exposed.
ABC Flooring Center – Your Choice for Area Rugs.
All these elements need to be considered when choosing an area rug. Our team at ABC Flooring has the experience and knowledge to help you with choosing the area rug that has the right combination of features performance, aesthetics and budget to suits your needs. Browse our Products page and give us a call at 850-877-6600 for a free consultation.