Advantages of Carpet
Are you trying to decide which type of flooring to use? It’s best to make the decision after researching a bit. One type of flooring to consider is carpeting. There are many advantages to using carpeting.
- Affordable: Generally speaking, carpet is typically much less expensive than hard surface floors. In addition, the installation costs are less than other types of flooring.
- Comfortable: Carpeting is soft. It feels good to walk, lay, and sit on a carpet, making it a good choice for both families with children as well as those who may have arthritis or bursitis.
- Eco-friendly: Most carpets are made from synthetic materials such as polyester, nylon, and polypropylene. A material that is also being used is called PET polyester which uses recycled materials. The synthetic materials used in carpets are lower in volatile organic compounds or VOCs than other types of non-natural floors such as laminates.
- Safety: If someone falls on a carpet it’s going to be much “softer” than landing on a hard surface. Also, whereas hard surfaces can get slippery, carpets will not.
- Absorbs sounds: Carpets can absorb sound and thus help reduce noise. Using pads underneath the carpet adds to this feature. In addition, carpets can help block sound from traveling to a floor below and make foot traffic on stairs quieter.
- Versatility: Carpet is available in a countless array of patterns, colors, and designs. Whether the room is formal or casual there is a carpet that can add to that motif. Carpeting can also add personality to any room.
- Maintenance: Carpeting today is more stain-resistant making it a easy to clean and maintain. Vacuuming once or twice a week and taking shoes off before stepping onto the carpet are additional ways to enhance the life of the carpet.
ABC Flooring Center – Your Choice for Carpet
You have many choices when it comes to flooring. Our expert team at ABC Flooring Center is here to help you make the best choice for your flooring needs whether it’s for your home or business. Browse our Products page and give us a call at 850-877-6600 for a free consultation.